a survivor's journal

day 9

walking, walking past ruins.

the gash on my cheek is drying up. a medic in a blood-spattered hospital stitched it closed for me. still a little tender but it doesn't hurt so much anymore when i eat. i still try not to talk.

killed two zombies! one yesterday and another today. lucky. they were in pretty bad shape when i found them and weren't moving, kinda like they were asleep or thinking deeply, and i finished them off. they won't stay down long. never do. but swinging my axe into them feels good. like i'm doing something worthwhile. they'll kill me in the end but i'll chop as many as i can before then.

bunch of kids were teaching me parkour the other day. they've worked out paths along the city rooftops, so they can move between buildings without touching the street. imagine not having to worry about running into zeds like that. i've asked them to teach me. i think my body can handle it.

i feel i'm getting better. getting better at surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment