a survivor's journal

day 32


this shotgun has changed my fundamental outlook as a survivor.

after two weeks spent cowering inside peek arms, i snuck out a window yesterday, blasted the pair of zombies gnawing at the barricades, and then walked back inside. i didn't even break a sweat.

too bad shells are so hard to come by. still, i spent two days looting pavy plaza PD, and i found another shotgun, a flak jacket, a pistol and several pistol clips as well. i felt fearless when i went back out into malton. the only way the zeds could get me now was in my sleep.

and then one night i found myself sheltering inside a darkened bank building. the only other person there was someone i recognized from the wanted posters. they called him "white hamas", and i personally saw him execute someone once in a pub. he just started yelling in arabic and then shot the guy.

we watched each other from across the bank floor. my back was turned to him slightly, but a hand inside my jacket was pointing a pistol at him, my finger on the trigger. in the darkness i wasn't sure i could get a vital shot in before he got me; but something else held me back. before i left peek arms they'd lifted the bounty on his head. one way or another he'd already paid for his crimes. so i kept the safety off but didn't pull the trigger. we passed the night clutching our guns. and in the morning i left.

No comments:

Post a Comment